The Chatham Fire Rescue Department was organized in 1911 and under the authority of the Chatham Town Charter entrusted with the responsibility to preserve the infrastructure and economic base of the community by providing fire prevention, fire protection, and rescue services.
We are committed to providing the highest level of public safety through service to our community.
This mission will be accomplished through our core values:
- Dedication - to our organization and our community
- Accountability - to hold ourselves accountable to each other and to the people we serve
- Integrity - to do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason
- Professional Development - a belief in the pursuit of excellence and adherence to the highest professional standards
- Passion - to serve the community to the best of our abilities at all times
Service and Protection through Excellence.
Service Level Objective Statement
For 90% of all incidents, the first due unit shall arrive within a six-minute response time. The first-due fire unit shall be capable of advancing the first hose line for fire control or performing search and rescue. For medical incidents, the first-due medical unit shall at a minimum, be capable of providing Basic Life Support.