The Select Board and Council on Aging Board to host public listening session on new Senior Center
(Chatham, MA) - A facilitated community forum will be held in place of the Select Board meeting on November 9th to solicit public input about a new senior center. The session will begin at 6:30p.m. The public is welcome to attend the forum at the Chatham Town Hall Annex, 261 George Ryder Street, or participate virtually by video or audio link. Those attending in-person must wear masks in the meeting room.
The forum will be moderated by Brad Schiff, President of Pierce-Cote, a cape-based marketing/communications firm. Five questions will be posed to the public to solicit feedback from all participants. Each participant will have three minutes to voice their opinion, concerns, and/or suggestions on next steps for a senior center. The forum questions are:
- Do you want a new senior center in Chatham? Why or why not?
- What were the lessons learned from the previous proposed senior center sites which were not approved? What can we do better this time?
- Where should a new Chatham senior center be located? What is your reasoning?
- What type of new programming and amenities would you like to see at the senior center?
- What else would you like us to know about the new senior center?
The public is encouraged to email comments on the questions or the community forum to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Public comments will be accepted via email until Friday, November 12, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The input received during this forum will be compiled for the Select Board’s consideration at a later meeting, informing their decision on next steps to take regarding a senior center.
Here’s how to join the meeting virtually with Microsoft Teams:
Or call-in (audio only):
+1 508-945-4410, phone conference ID: 286 925 281#
Join the Community Voice portal at: https://www.chatham-ma.gov/communityvoice. For background on history of the senior center project, go to the New Senior Center Project webpage for summaries, resources, and specific meeting materials.
Leslie Sandberg (617) 447-5545 - Pierce-Cote Communications